UCCE Stanislaus County Orchard and Vineyard Systems AdvisorUniversity of California Cooperative Extension
3800 Cornucopia Way
Modesto, CA 95358
Ph.D. Plant Pathology, University of California, Davis. 2016
M.S. Plant Pathology, University of California, Davis. 2014
B.S. Plant Science, University of Nebraska, Lincoln. 2009
SpecialtyWalnuts, Cherries, Grapes and Apricots
- Al Rwahnih, Maher; Diaz-Lara, Alfredo (2020). Incidence and Genetic Diversity of Grapevine Pinot gris Virus in California. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture.
- Arnold, K.; McRoberts, N. (2019). Virus surveys of commercial vineyards show value of planting certified vines. California Agriculture. 73:2, 90-95.
- Diaz-Lara, A.; Klaassen, V. (2018). Characterization of grapevine leafroll-associated virus 3 genetic variants and application towards RT-qPCR assay design. PLOS One. December 12.
- Rowhani, A.; Daubert, S. (2018). Synergy between grapevine vitiviruses and grapevine leafroll viruses. European Journal of Plant Pathology. 151, 919-925. February 6.
- Arnold, K.; Golino, D. (2017). A Synoptic Analysis of the Temporal and Spatial Aspects of Grapevine Leafroll Disease in a Historic Napa Vineyard and Experimental Vine Blocks. Phytopathology. The American Phytopathological Society. 107:4, 418-426. April.
- Niu, Haoyu; Zhao, Tiebiao (2020). A low-cost stem water potential monitoring method using proximate sensor and scikit-learn classification algorithms. American Society for Agricultural and Biological Engineers 2020 Annual Meeting. American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, St. Joseph, Michigan www.asabe.org. July.
- Arnold, Kari (2020). Crown Gall with Kari Arnold.P. Gordon. Oct 6. www.growingthevalleypodcast.com
- Arnold, Kari; Shackel, Ken (2020). Delayed irrigation in walnuts. The Scoop. UCCE Stanislaus County. 25.2, 1-2. April.
- Arnold, Kari; Doll, David (2020). Integration of row spacing, tree spacing, and rootstocks for walnut production. American Society for Horticultural Science Annual Conference. Orlando, FL. August.
- Arnold, Kari; Michailides, Themis (2020). Managing Walnut Mold. The Scoop. UCCE Stanislaus County. 25.3, 3-4. July.
- Arnold, Kari; Doll, David (2020). The incidence of crown gall in a recently established experimental walnut rootstock block. Orchard Pest and Disease Management 94th Annual Conference. Portland, OR. January.
- Arnold, Kari (2020). Things to Consider When Establishing a New Walnut Orchard. The Scoop. UCCE Stanislaus County. 25.4, 4-5. December.
- Arnold, Kari (2020). Walnut Rootstocks. The Scoop. UCCE Stanislaus County. 25.3, 4-5. July.
- Shackel, Ken; Fulton, Allan (2019). Early Season Water Management in Walnut. Walnut Research Reports. 95-105.
- Arnold, Kari; Doll, David (2019). Integration of Row Spacing, Tree Spacing, and Rootstocks for Walnut Production. Walnut Research Reports. 149-162.
- Suvočarev, Kosana; Marino, Giulia (2019). Surface renewal measurements in roughness sublayer for water management in irrigated orchards. American Geophysical Union 2019 Centennial meeting.
- Arnold, Kari (2019). University of California Cooperative Extension Advisors. Stanislaus County Agricultural Report. 24-25. http://www.stanag.org/pdf/cropreport/cropreport2019.pdf
- Arnold, Kari (2019). Walnut News & Fruit for Thought. Summer.
- Arnold, Kari; Chiu, Joanna (2018). Adapting Opto-Electronic Sensors to Detect Navel Orangeworm by Wing Beat Frequency. Walnut Research Reports. 265-268.
- Arnold, K. (2018). Declining Walnuts, What's the Deal? West Coast Nut. 22-26. September. https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/fullscreen/61999856/wcn-sep18-final-e
- Shackel, Ken; Fulton, Allan (2018). Evaluating Physiological Indicators for Early Season Water Management in Walnut. Walnut Research Reports. 129-144.
- Arnold, Kari; Doll, David (2018). Integration of Row Spacing, Tree Spacing, and Rootstocks for Walnut Production. Walnut Research Reports. 167-176.
- Arnold, K. (2018). Planting Walnut Orchards. Pacific Nut Producers. January.
- Arnold, Kari; Rijal, Jhalendra (2018). Walnut News & Fruit for Thought. Spring.